11 September 2017 / Club News

Defeat vs Burry Port

It proved to be the tale of two halves at Trimsaran as we welcomed Burry Port across Pembrey mountain in our first league game of the 2017/2018 season. 

The half time score was 0-0 with both teams having stubborn defences although both teams missed shots at goal with penalty attempts. 

Playing against the wind in the first half Trim would have been the happier of the 2 teams going into half time. 

As the second half kicked off Lee Thomas made a blistering break from his own 22 only to be brought down in the Burry 22 and be penalised for holding on. Burry were the first to lay a mark on the game with a strong scrum behind them they scored a try after a few phases of rumbling it up through their forwards. The conversion was unsuccessful however and the score was 5-0 to the visitors. 

With 20 minutes remaining Burry seemed to have taken the game away from Trim with another try however this seemed to bring Trim to life and after a kick into touch rim set a maul up and seemed to get over the tryline and with the referee playing advantage a try was certain however the ref ruled the ball wasnt grounded and went back for the penalty offence. Trim couldnt get the maul rumbling for a second time and after a few phases settled for 3 points to make the score 10-3 to Burry. 

The green and blacks tried their best to get back into the game but basic errors and passes ending up in touch wernt helping their cause and the more clinical Burry Port made them pay with 2 more tries in the final 10 minutes to secure a Bonus point victory which wouldnt have looked likely at half time. 

Overall a more clinical Burry Port who had the upper hand upfront deserved their win and will definately be 1 of the teams to beat this season but Trim will feel it was a missed chance to beat their local rivals for the first time in a few years after throwing away a few chances at scoring

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos

You must be signed in to add comments